The MTN Cypher competition has been on for a while now but got bigger and better after new prizes were announced by the telecom giant and the organisers of the prestigious UgHip-Hop Awards.
The top 10 cyphers with the highest number of likes, shares and re-tweets on mainly Twitter, Instagram and Facebook are to be awarded with prices and the overall winner announced and awarded at the UG Hip-Hop Awards gala on 14th December happening at Golf Course.
Procedures to take part include
- Download the MTN Cypher beat 2017
- Record yourself rapping along to the beat for 1 minute
- Upload your video on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #MTNCypher
- The overall cash prize of UGX 1,000,000 with audio recording and video production.
- Runner up will be rewarded UGX 500,000.
- Top subsequent winners will get 3GB data valid for a month from MTN.
These are the rules and regulations to have your cypher considered by the panel of judges
- The recording should have either an MTN intro and outro or My Pakapaka
- No abusive, obscene or hateful language will be tolerated.
- All posts should have the hashtags #MTNCypher #UGHipHopAwards17
- Terms & Conditions apply.